- Rigid And Easy To Handle - Aluminum Body Gives Highest Strength-To-Weight Ratio
- Lower Overall Investment - Complete Parts Interchangeability Between Models
- Greater Reliability - Outboard Bearing On Motor Drive Gear, Pocket Style Motor Mount, Patent-Pending Ring-Mounted Bearing Design
- Easy Setup and Accurate Cuts – Improved Tool Slide Design
- Low-Clearance Design
- Patent Pending Safety Tripper Mechanism
- Adjustable Locator Pads Have 3/4" (19 mm) Adjustment Minimising The Number Of Locator Extensions Required
- Easy Alignment And Squaring
Engineered for Accuracy
The AFC series clamshell design is a unique combination of accuracy, strength and ease of handling. Engineers have gathered information from fieldoperators around the world to determine the areas needing improvement over traditional clamshell designs. Our new design minimizes weight while maximizing strength and rigidity with a quality aluminum body.
The pocket-style motor mount eliminates motor twisting and ring gear damage. The mount also allows you to switch between the pneumatic, electric and hydraulic motors without the need for conversion pieces. Conventional motors are used on even the right angle and front motor drive adapters.
Built for Field Production
The AFC Clamshells are available for pipes from 1" to 56". The drive gear adapter has a patent-pending support bearing for the motor shaft delivering greater reliability. Our patent-pending ring bearing is designed to practically eliminate chatter all together. The locator pads have a full 3/4" (19.1 mm) stroke adjustment per pad which reduces the number of extensions required to cover the full range of the model. We even improved the tool slide design to speed adjustment and maintenance. Common parts are used throughout the models to minimize parts inventory and it provides the added advantage of allowing parts swapping in the field if necessary to minimize downtime.
|Cutting Range||33.4 mm – 1422.4mm OD||1 " - 56 " OD|